Things are about to get interesting

Life After New York

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jersey Boys

My life after New York returned to New York, well New Jersey, last week when I saw the enthralling musical Jersey Boys with my parents and Aunt and Uncle visiting from Australia (who broke all the rules and as our guests treated Kyoko and I to tickets!). Through comedy and some very emotional songs, the show tells the story of how Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons started out 50 years ago. For me anything this old is usually categorised as "classical" and includes at least a violin or a piano, but this was the exception. Almost all of the songs sounded every bit as fresh and original as anything being sung today. In fact any re-release, like this one would probably do well, not least because the generation of people who are most likely to want to hear it won't know how to download (yet!).

Below are some memories from the evening.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home